Friday, October 24, 2008

I suppose I should post more then once a year....

I tried the Livejournal thing...it is not for me. I think I will stick with this genre and with a few sister stitchers who have blogs here already, I think I will build up this blog instead. I hope to be able to incorporate most of my interests here. Time will tell. We shall see and all that jazz.....

Gigi is now in a nursing home full-time and much further then I am able to drive to see here as often as I would like. I miss her. She is depressed and slowly declining. I try to do what I can, but there isn't much I can do.

I have graduated October 7th and once I get the childcare situation figured out, will be seeking full-time employment as a paralegal/legal secretary/law clerk...whatever I can do to get my foot in the door. It shall be interesting to see where I end up.

I will be signing up for a woodcarving class in December. I am interested in learning more about woodworking and carving and eventually furniture making. My great-grandfather (Gigi's father) made furniture. My dresser in my room is made by him. His father before him was a harness and buggy maker, so we have a rich history of working with our hands. I am also a lucky recipient of a cross stitched piece of linen by my great-grandmother (Gigi's mother) I will have to post a picture. The back is absolutely pristine and so neat...so I have much to strive to match.

I am currently working on a mini blackwork rune sampler by Skinner Sisters and hope to make it into a pouch for my runes. I shall have to post that. I hope to complete it by tonight.

Other than that...now I will have more free time now that school is over and I shall look forward to building up this blog, keeping in touch with old friends, and hopefully making new friends as well.

1 comment:

TDee said...

Boy, time flies when you are having fun. Congrats on graduating.

I am sorry your grandmother is depressed. I hope she adjusts soon.

Thanks for the link to your blog.

TDee